BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Red Red Wine

So here's an update on how things are going with the new McCrary family. Last Sunday Maria and I were called to be the new teachers for the YSA Sunday School class. Maria also has a talk this Sunday and I have one the following Sunday...which means the week has flown by and we are going to be up late tonight planning. :)

I know everybody says it about their own kid...but Rickey is growing up really really fast! We have realized that his "newborn" look disappeared a long time ago and will "never" come back. You really have to appreciate and take advantage of each stage-phase of life because once its over...its over!

Maria doen't know it right now but I'm watching her dance to UB40 with Rickey on the bed. She is such a great Mom!

We have the best baby ever! ...I'm sure everybody says that too! I can't remember the last time he cried. Well, I guess I do...he cried for like 10 seconds a few days ago when we started to give him a bath....but then he stopped. In the last couple weeks he's been starting to make more and more sounds. He loves it when I sing the primary song "Hello, Hello", he starts laughing and moving his mouth like he wants to sing too. At night he sleeps for about 6-7 hours...then wakes up...eats...and falls right back to sleep. Lately, he's been staying awake more during the day. I'm thinking a couple more weeks and he'll be walking. :) The pediatrician says he is big for his age. He is barely fitting into some of his 3-6 month clothing and he's only 10 weeks. At 2 weeks he weighed the same. At 6 weeks he weighed 10.6 pounds, gained 3.6. We are going to take him on Monday to the Pediatrician for a check-up.

Last night Maria and I went out on a "date" and brought Rickey along with us. I don't know why people say that when you have a baby your life changes dramatically. We haven't noticed much of an inconvenience. In fact, having a son has made our lives even more enjoyable. It's hard to get out of bed to make him a bottle but once I have him in my arms I consider myself lucky to have been the one to get out of bed...I'm sure Maria feels the same.

I love thinking about the future for our family. There is no one I would rather spend time with than my wife and now that we have a baby it is even better! We are so grateful...SO GRATEFUL...for all of our blessings. Especially the time we've spent here in Ecuador for the past year. We feel thankful for having had the courage to follow the spirit's guidance in the hard times and we have seen the blessings and feel very much indebted to the Lord.






2 comments:

Bill and Adele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill and Adele said...

oh my gosh...like father...like son...what a GREAT picture. ...and my hand looks awsome too!
MOM